Fashion Future Challenge Award
Fashion Future Challenge Award 都關我事?
With increasing public concerns over environmental and social issues, fashion brands nowadays are facing heightened challenges to satisfy the ever-demanding consumers. The growing social consciousness of nowadays consumers has led brands and manufacturers to put more effort in developing sustainable products that minimise environmental impacts, improve labours’ working conditions and increase transparency across their supply chain. To cope with the trend while maintaining or even improving product quality at the same time is never an easy task. Therefore the members of the industry are all eager to have feasible solutions to tackle fashion future challenges.
Fashion trend is always attractive to the public, youngsters and adults alike. But they may not be aware of the impact of the fashion industry and how it may affect our environment and society. While for those who are interested to join the fashion industry, they may not be familiar with the supply chain and how a product goes through different steps to reach the end consumers.
Fashion Summit (Hong Kong) has therefore set its sight in launching the Fashion Future Challenge Award (The Award) to provide a platform for the next generation to brew, exchange and share their creative ideas to help tackle the fashion future challenges in the future 5 to 10 years. The Award is open to all students from local universities or tertiary institutions. Students from all disciplines are welcome to apply as a team (2 to 5 students per team). Each team has to submit an abstract and a proposal on how to solve fashion challenges in the future 5 to 10 years.
Fashion Future Challenge Award aims at assisting students to:
- Propose solutions for the Fashion Industry to tackle challenges in the future
- Experience cooperation with students from varying academic disciplines
- Develop creativity, critical thinking, problem-solving skill and presentation skill
- Interchange ideas with specialists/professionals from the industries
- Enhance knowledge of sustainability, environmental protection and fashion nowadays
Lead Sponsor: CreateHK
Prize Sponsor: The Mills Fabrica
Proposals will be assessed by the Judging Panel in the following four areas:
- Innovativeness: Innovative ideas demonstrating insights into the industries and capabilities to meet the industries’ needs
- Feasibility: Feasibility of the proposed solutions to be applied in the industries
- Sustainability: Balance between economic, social and environmental performance
- Contents Comprehensiveness: Ability to apply acquired skills and theoretical knowledge to provide innovative and practical business solutions
The Judging Panel consists of 6 judges with different specialisms (e.g. innovative technology, fashion design, research & development, manufacturing procedures, supply chain management, sales & marketing, etc.)
SEP 2019 – FEB 2020
Call for Application:
Submission of Abstract & Proposal Powerpoint
MID – FEB 2020
Application Deadline: 14 FEB 2020 5:00 p.m. (HK Time)
LATE FEB 2020
Selection of 5 Entries (announced by end of February)
MAR 2020 (Phase III)
Submission of Final Proposal for Presentation (submitted by early March)
Presentation of the 5 selected teams
Assessment on Teams
Learn More on Sustainable Fashion
Watch videos to get more ideas: